As a girl who wears glasses and loves makeup, I’m often asked for tips on making your eyes stand out behind thicker frames. I’m a firm believer in the “just add glasses” method of makeup application, in that you do your makeup…and then put on your glasses. That being said, there are definitely looks that work a little better than others at making your eyes stand out without being too dark or heavy looking. For this edition of Makeup Classes For Girls Who Wear Glasses, I teamed up with Eye See Clear Vision to demonstrate an eye makeup look that utilizes rich neutrals and light-catching shimmer on the center lid to create dimension and brings attention to your eyes, without letting them disappear behind your statement frames. I visited their store (928 Curlew Road, Dunedin, FL) and chose these Prada beauties in a wine hue, a lovely alternative to black or brown. Eye See Clear Vision is a Fashion Optical owned and operated by Dr. Maria Loulourgas, Doctor of Optometry; now, let’s get started!
- Pat primer all over lids and blend up toward your brow bone.
- Sweep a light neutral shadow through your crease with a blending brush. This will serve as your transitional color.
- Pack dark brown shadow into the inner and outer corners of your lids, using a pencil brush for precision.
- Using the same brush, connect through the crease.
- Pick up a smidge of medium brown with a blending brush, and use it to blend the dark brown outward.
- Line the outer, lower lash line with dark brown shadow.
- Use your ring finger to pat on a light, shimmery shadow in the center of your lids. I’m wearing lash extensions, so I skipped mascara, but this is where you should add it. Done!
Thank you to Eye See Clear Vision for partnering with me on this makeup tutorial for girls with glasses!